来到邮局先询问一下寄信的一般情况:
Can you tell me how much it costs to send a letter air mail from
here to New York?
能不能请你告诉我,从这儿寄一封航空信到纽约要多少邮资?
寄航空、寄挂号还是寄印刷品:
Do you wish to send it by air mail?
您希望航空邮寄吗?
Do you think I should have it registered?
你看我该把它挂号吗?
Can I send these photograph records as printed matter?
我能不能把这些唱片作印刷品邮寄?
I'd like to buy a registered envelope, please.
我想买一张挂号信封。
Be sure to put down the address of the receiver clearly.
注意要把收信人的地址写清。
称邮件的重量:
Will you weigh this letter for me?
请你给我称一下这封信好吗?
It's overweight. You'll have to pay extra.
超重了,您得另付超重费。
买邮票:
You need an eight-cent stamp.
您需要一张八分邮票。
Please seal the envelope and stick an eight-cent stamp
on it.
请封好信封并贴上一张八分邮票。
They're 10 cents each.
每张是十美分。
询问邮件发出和到达的时间:
How long does it take by regular mail?
普通邮件要多少时间?
When will the post be dispatched?
这批邮件什么时候发出?
I'm afraid the last post has been dispatched.
恐怕末班邮件已经发出了。
It takes about two weeks to go surface mail from here to
London.
普通邮件从这儿寄往伦敦要化两个星期左右时间。
询问邮资:
What's the postage for an air-letter to Paris?
寄巴黎的航空信邮资是多少?
That's 62 cents per ounce for overseas mail.
海外邮件每盎斯六十二美分。